Secat, Inc., an aluminum testing and research laboratory, has an immediate opening for a Technical Director.
• Use technical analysis skills and apply engineering and science theory as required to meet project objectives.
• Assist in the engineering and coordination of projects from start to finish.
• Works to assure quality, timeliness, consistency, and accuracy of test reports.
• Translate technical requirements of the client into quotations and scope of work.
• Participate in data collection and analysis at client facilities.
• Set up, maintain, operate, and guide others in operation of test equipment, calibration, data collection, analysis, and preparation of test reports.
• Provide telephone and email support to clients.
• Provide sales support as needed, including site visits.
• M.S. in Metallurgy/Materials Science and Engineering
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience interpreting metallurgical test data and relating it to aluminum manufacturing
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Advanced technical and operational experience with laboratory equipment such as SEM, X Ray Diffraction, Optical Microscopy, and mechanical testing equipment
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines
• Exposure to ISO 17025