Materials Characterization & Specialized Testing
Material Testing Services for Products and Components—
Many analytical laboratories perform only routine materials characterization and testing per specified methods. Innovatech Labs, a material testing lab, specializes in unique materials analysis. Our analysts work directly with our customers to determine which analytical technique(s) will obtain the data necessary to solve the problem at hand.
Our innovative materials characterization process can help to identify and measure contamination or composition of materials in order to resolve problems with performance and help your company meet objectives.
Below are examples of some of the many types of materials testing applications we have helped customers with. Every project is unique and you deserve specialized attention, so we invite you to contact us at 888-740-5227 to discuss your specific materials characterization or specialized testing project.
• Analysis for Residual Solvents – Residual ethanol is detected in a powder using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS)
• Epoxy Analysis – A failed epoxy is analyzed using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS)
• Comparison of Good & Failed Parts – The amount of plasticizer used in plastic parts is determined using infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
• Reverse Engineering of Multilayered Bag – The thickness and composition of various layers are measured using digital imagery and infrared spectroscopy (FTIR).
• Surface Analysis of Nitinol – Surface chemistry and thickness of passivation layer are measured using Auger spectroscopy
• Contaminant on Polyethylene Surface – A surface stain is analyzed using electron spectroscopy for chemical analysis (ESCA)
• ID of Haze on Polyimide Substrate – Suspected chromium haze analyzed using electron spectroscopy for chemical analysis (ESCA)
• Analysis of Stain on Electrode – A hard water stain is analyzed using Auger spectroscopy
• Analysis of Passivated Stainless Steel – Surface chemistry and thickness of passivation layer are measured using electron spectroscopy for chemical analysis (ESCA
• ID of Contaminant on Molded Part – Residual surfactant found using infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
Contact us to discuss your specific materials characterization or specialized testing project.